This notice sets out the basis by which we collect, use and disclose the data of our Customers, as well as your rights in respect of such data.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.
All data that we collect and hold will be kept and only used in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The Data We Collect
We may collect your data at a number of points in your customer journey. This includes, but is not limited to:
- When you subscribe to hear from us.
- When you access our website.
- When you complete an online order, providing contact and bank details.
- When you access our social media platforms.
- When you contact us.
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name, billing and/or delivery address, email address, telephone or mobile number and any other details which you provide.
- Credit or debit card, or alternative payment details.
- Details relating to any queries you may make, online orders and historic shopping habits/trends.
When you visit our website, we will also automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
How We May Use Your Data
We may use customer data in the following ways:
- To keep the information we hold about you up-to-date.
- To allow us to process your orders.
- To deal with any customer related issues that may occur.
- For analytical purposes to help us to improve our business and service.
- For marketing purposes, to provide you with relevant information about our business, products and services, on the basis of legitimate interest.
- To help detect and prosecute fraud and other crimes.
- To share with employees of Toffee Smiths for the purpose of your customer journey.
- To share with professional advisors for the purpose of our business record keeping, such as, but not limited to, accountants, insurers and auditors.
- For any other purpose for which you give us your consent to use your data.
- We will keep your data only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We may share your data if we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example where we are required to share information to prevent fraud and other criminal offences or because of a court order.
We will not share your customer data with a third party unless we have your express consent.
The security of our customer data is very important to us. Our computers are password protected and no paper copies of any customer data are retained.
We reserve the right to judge what information we must continue to hold to be able to conduct our business and meet the needs of our customers and legislative requirements.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners’ Office at https://ico.org.uk
If you have any concerns, questions or requests in relation to the data we hold about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by post to the General Manager, Toffee Smiths, 45-46 Market Stall, Halifax Borough Market, Halifax, HX1 1DZ. Wherever possible, we will try to comply with specific requests relating to your data, however, please note that in certain circumstances, this may not be possible.